In a sense, blogging can be seen as a daring adventure because you’re sharing your thoughts, views, experiences and life on the Internet for all the world to see; by doing so, you’re making yourself vulnerable to criticism and negative feedback, yet at the same time you’re also paving the way for the possibility of an exciting adventure to unfold.
Although ‘About’ pages are often written in the third person perspective, I thought I’d give a shot at writing a fun, relaxed, first person perspective page.
So let’s see… where to start…
As you’ve probably already figured out, my name is Rachelle Fordyce. 🙂
I was born and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. After graduating from high school with Honors, I attended the humble University of Winnipeg and earned a four-year Bachelor of Arts Honors degree majoring in Theatre and Drama.
Once upon a time I used to work in a call center. That was years ago now, but I had worked as a call-center wage slave for an approximate accumulative total of 8 years. Later, I wrote a solo play based on my experiences working in the call center industry and inbound customer service and support environment. The title of the play depends on the version — the first version was called Hate your Job? Quit! (written in 2003), while the later version was titled S.M.I.L.E. while you D.I.E (written in 2005). In both cases, it had the secondary title of Eve Rae Mann and the Pursuit of Happiness.
At present, I’m primarily a stage actor, director, playwright, and independent theatre producer. I’ll also stage manage and design — lighting, or sets and costumes — from time to time as well.
In contradiction of what I’ve written above, I don’t wish to define or label myself based solely on what I have done or what I do. Rather, I’d like to think that I’m unlimited potential. I am a child of the universe, as are you. This is especially true when you consider the fact that each atom in your body once existed in a star.
I’ve been following a vegan diet since late 2001. I’m very compassionate towards people, animals, and the planet alike. I absolutely love living life as a vegan!
I’ve also been practicing Bikram Yoga since fall of 2005. I’m an on-again off-again yogini, but I must admit I do love sweating and stretching it out in the hot room.
Like anyone, I have my downfalls that I’m striving to ameliorate. For starters, I’m determined to kick procrastination in the ass — and to help you do the same! 😉
Some of my current goals and aspirations include inspiring others on all levels, to follow a diet that is healthy and sustainable for body, mind and the planet alike, concocting vegan recipes, creative self-expression in various forms — acting, performance, theatre, film, video, writing, music, and more — relationship abundance and the abundance mindset, and traveling the globe!
Rachelle Fordyce’s mission statement for her time here on earth is:
- to explore, discover, and share life’s elegant strands of oneness that permeate and unite our shared realities
- to artfully design, ambitiously create, and elegantly weave stories highlighting these strands in my theatre, film, and art
- to creatively yet intelligently reveal the presence of these strands in life, the universe, and everything
- to passionately lead by inspired artistic vision, directing it through its phases of production with integrity and excellence
- to audaciously awaken; daringly stimulate; deliberately delight; and powerfully evoke emotion, passion, purpose, wonder, and awe
- to ecstatically love, thoroughly enjoy, playfully indulge, and abundantly appreciate life’s generously exuberant rewards
- to continually learn, contemplatively study, adventurously develop, and infinitely grow while balancing the areas of body, mind, heart, and spirit, with lightheartedness, grace, and ease.
It’s hard to sum up who I am in a single page. Like you, I’m a complex and amazing human being with many layers, desires, faults, hopes, and dreams.
Hopefully my mission statement, as well as this blog, will give you a glimmer of an insight as to who I am and what drives me.
Yet ultimately, I know that I am consciousness, a field of infinite possibilities waiting to come into existence, determined and created by my own thoughts, observations, will, intentions and desires.
It is my sincerest wish that my actions and words may have a positive impact and inspire you to get out of your comfort zone, and create the change you want to see in yourself, influence others, and transform the world — no matter what the scale.